Monday, 14 October 2013

Monday 14/10/13 Camera usage

Our second practical today, was all about using the camera Canon XF100. Our lecturer Dom showed us all the basics of how to set the shutter speed, the exposure aka iris, how to white balance how to set the gain to the right settings, whatvoltage to use for zebra.



The list of settings that will be used for most productions are as follows

Gain- rule keep as low as possible prefferebly at 0.0dB

Shutter Speed- Idealy want to keep it at 1/50 and be sure to turn the auto off from the menu

Exposure/Iris- change esposure with this little dial located at the front of the camera.

Zebra- spectrum 100 volts for white 0 volts for black. Ideally when a persons fac is in shot and its important I have to set it to 70% but if i'm recording an exterior where the sky is important I set it to 100%

White Balance- click on the WB button to set the camera to A or B, then put the camera zoomed in onto something white (Paper for example) then click the symobol with the two triangles and square. the camera will then set to the ideal white balance.

We have been told to do three fifteen second clips and merge them togeather with these cameras. I will be doing this in the near future, but first I need to record some basic sounds for future reference So I have booked out a Zoom, a USB Cable, a pair of head phones, I hand held Microphone, and a Male XLR/Female XLR. I will use this to capture basic sounds from my flat amd maybe some street sounds as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment