With mere day's to go until the deadline, my group met up to finish the edit of 'The Grass Isn't Always Greener'. we met up at 3PM to finish the sound edit, with Tom Noonan being our sound editor, syncing it up to the final visual cut that I edited.
The process took between 2- 2 and a half hours. We made sure that everyone was happy with the final visual edit, and did some minor colour correction tweeks, we ended up playing through the audion track, with Tom handing us the headphones to have a listen through.
It was tougth to sound edit, because pro tools did not work on the mac that we were editing the project on, and there was no other mac avalible in the room, so Tom had to make do with what final cut could offer him: he could lower and up the levels of the sound, but any effects like reverb couldn't be done. So taking this into account i think the sound edit went very well.
We went through the clips second by second, frame by frame, toensure that every sound was there. e.g if a pencil was being picked up or a cup was being placed down, we would make sure a sound was there. This lead to some funny moments, because each of us was addiment that every sound would be heard, and nothing looked out of place, so much so that when I asked to look at the ful lpiece after al lthe sounds were placed in, I couldn't the cup being put down on the table, so I immediately paused it and said 'where is the cup being put down sound?. Tom corrected this and when I listened through again, not only did I hear the sound, but every single sound was in the right place.
It did not really hit us until I said it was good, and Tom looked at me and said 'Have we actually finished this?' and then it hit us that after all this effort, after about 2 weeks of the film being 'nearly done' we had finished it.
Now all that needs doing is the opening and closing credits, which Jake will do before he puts the file onto DVD.
So, after alot of hard work by the whole team, we have finished the project, and are setting up a power point to present our work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment