Thursday, 12 December 2013

Editing exerimental Film First draft

Due to unforseen circumstances I was to edit the Experimental film, without all the clips being finished. So, this really was a chance to think of it in a professionals point of view, as they are given clips daily to edit so naturally blank spots would be included. For the gap's that would have our woodland scene I inserted slugs as seen in the image below.



We origonally intended for the bumping into a stranger moment to bethe ending, as Victor say's it happens right at the end, yet the moment in fact happens 2 minutes into the audio, so the moment became less important to the finished piece.

As usual clips had to be renamed, so I could make sense of what clips went where, and it helped by adding thumbnails, to give me an indication of what that clip is, as seen in this still.






 
In the end I added clips in, and recycled some clips and reused them over the course of it, most noticably the time lapse of the public and cars, but because it's an experimental film, and the sense of place is an insane persones mind, all the mash up and sudden jumps of locations help enforce the audio.
 
So at the moment I have a compleated piece with 2 or 3 large black chunks for the last scene to be filmed in, I took inspiration of adding a couple of effects from Kidulthood (the scene where 'Trife' walks in slow mo over the camera) and the time lapse inspired from Adulthood, which Victor had never seen so I showed him on youtube the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CeW-_Osn8Q&list=PL479AD13D14DC06F0
this link shows the scene with the time lapse of cars and public at
 5:37.

Some sequences blend togeather quite nicely such as the high angle shot from the flats merging into the spinning shot. it gives a sense of the character being lost and thats the kind of sense we want to get across. also with the bumping moment, because the audio is spaced out frow what we filmed, I had to add in a breif transition again of the confusion, i decided to make the shot in betwen half transparent to show that the hit had knocked his sense abit and the transition from explostion to implosion, shows how he is shot into his mind and the implosion was kicking him out of his mind.

The remaining scene will be shot on Saturday, and edited on Monday leaving us time to do our evaluations and self reflections.

Below are more scree grabs of my edit session.

Transition between time lapse of public and high angle shot from balcony.

The transition you see above as it is on the timeline


The finished edit of the first draft
Mid way through the edit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment