Friday, 13 December 2013

Production Skills edit session

After our experimental film crit, we got down to the production skills, with the intention of finishing it. We pieced togeather the video, Though I was late arriving so the audio was worked on by Tom Luke and Jake before i got there. Once I was there I stuck to the drill of following Jake's rougth cut and pieced the clips togeather with that. At the end we realised we had finally got a full finished piece on the timeline as seen below.
 
Finished Timeline of Project














Once I had done the compleated timeline Tom Noonan had ago at syncing up the sounds to the video, but unfortunately, pro tools was not working, and Tome needed to go back and do it at home, so we exported a copy of the work and put it on his hard drive.

So this left Me with the task of colour correcting and the first thing jake wanted me to do was the Edale part, where Sam walks through Edale. Before I go into what i did, here are two still images of the colour corretion filter.


Colour correction screen
The icon you use when you want to copy the colour onto more than one clip







 













 
 
My instructions for the Edale montage was to up the green level's to help emphasize the country feel. I did that and ended up giving the film a green tint making the film seem less studenty and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. The screen shots below show the difference colour correction made to the contry side.
Before

 
After

I also colour corrected both parts of the Cafe, though slightly different, due to the fatct that before the edale scene the protagonist is supposed to feel claustraphobic by the noise, so shadows were increased and the image ws made darker and gloomyer. After the Edale scene we altered the colours but mage the image sharper and brighter to establish the characters acceptence.
 
Below are two mre xamples of before and after colour correction.

Before
After
Before
After
 
 Now we have a 90% finished project and we are planning to have it done on Monday after Tom has done the sound track and we colour corrrect the sitting down on the bench section. Looking back knowing it's nearly done I look on this project with pride and can't wait to see what it looks like on a DVD.

To finishe off here are two screen shots, one showing a few sounds that are going into the piece and one showing the full session after the days editing was complete.
 


Sounds



 

Finished Session





No comments:

Post a Comment