Friday, 8 November 2013

Audio Project- 8/11/13

On Wednesday me and Victor finally got started on our sound project. we went out with our sound equipment picked some places, and ended up going further out in Sheffield than we had done before. I took out a flip camera so I could document me and victor out in the field. The camera work is a bit shaky but you can quite clearly hear me document the footage talking about what our plan is and going through the observation process.

Me and Victor ended up looking at these locations we recorded the footage in, as possible future locations for future projects. Now we have fully established in today's seminar (todays Friday) that the audio has to have our recording as a backing track, I think that the footage will help us decide on what areas to film.

I have an idea I need to run by Victor for the footage. My idea basically is that we do 3 locations, each with its own mono recordings of some general conversation the environment might bring up, then just film a person wandering round these locations as if lost in memory's of that location. In editing we can add effects to build up that feel. However, I still need to run this idea to Victor.

Below are some of the video clips taken for the day of recording.

High Street Recording


Victor recording footsteps at O2


Arriving at O2

Recording outside abandoned flats

Inside abandoned flats area recording.

Trying to get bird tweeting sounds

Analysing the location

Arriving on hilltop
Recording on hilltop



Signing off

As seen above, we took several pieces of production footage. I have e-maild Victor the videos and the idea, so next week we can do our mono recordings and finish the sound. 






No comments:

Post a Comment