Thursday, 21 November 2013

Sound Project update 21/11/13

This following post is just a quick update got the audio only project.

Me and Victor showed our sound piece which unfortunately didn't come out on the speakers as well as it did on the headphones, we were also advised to lessen the dialogue and to decide weather to go for the comedy or lessen down on the 'trying to be funny'. We had a lot more to do according to our feedback.

Taking this into account, I thought about our idea and turned to Victor and said, give me a week to play with what we have got, and I would be dropping the comedy aspect and be more serious about our insane character. I did this because Victor has said to me that he isn't that confident on pro tools and missed one of the tutorials, so I have taken it upon myself to get sounds and see what I can do with it.

I recorded 5 mono's. the first 3 are about 5 minutes each of me making noises with my voice, tapping knifes on metal running water, basically any kind of banging sound an insane person would hear in there head. The other two were of traffic and footsteps as our previous stereos lacked the quality needed. below are two screen shots the first one showing the files I have recorded.



This second screenshot shows my progress as of 3PM today on pro tools. 

As can be seen there are a wide variety of sounds, what you see it whats on there so far, however their is a great deal more sound of screen to the right on the timeline. I drag any sounds i am not using to that side for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment