Friday, 1 November 2013

Update 1/11/13

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been given our tasks. We have been given tutorials into the sound editing software Pro Tools and the video editing software Final Cut 7. with the sound editing software I am finding myself getting more into the sound editing aspect of the film industry and spent the tutorial making the sound clips into a short audio story. Below you can see a creen shot of the sounds I took dudring that session saved onto my memmory stick. Unfortunately I have had trouble uploading the actual sounds.

 As for the video editing software, I have used it before so the session to me was more of a reintroduction, and helped me remember things I forgot. However I finally found out how to seperate audio from the video, so more complex editing is something I have now had practice doing when it comes to syncing audio and video.

The group have a trip to Edale planned though because we have to pay our own way their and I am having trouble getting my finances sorted so I have an appointment with the bank on that monday at 10;30 meaning I will be unable to make it to Edale. However I have done the nessicery paperwork apart from parachute (which is still causing me problems) and my fellow group member Jake Richardson reckons we will be goint to Edale again at some point. That aside I have offered to edit the Edale footage we get so I am at least doing something to contribute to that trip.

As for the sound project me and Viktor will be getting started on recordings next tuesday when I have day off. I will be booking out a zoom and also a flip camera to document our work.

due to the strike action I have not been in a session since tuesday, but in meantime I have been keeping up the work on my bibliography, and communicating with my team mates in the Edale roject.

No comments:

Post a Comment